Methods & Competences
Steel design – Fatigue Design
In wind energy, many structural components are determined by their service life. From day one of OWTs project history, we have utilized sophisted means to ensure the operating life of our structures.
We are familiar with all relevant aspects of fatigue design which includes:
- Nominal stress, structural and notch stress approach
- Thickness effects, mean stress influence, safety concepts
- Determination of analytical and numerical stress concentrations
- Welds, surface and free edges,
- Simple plates or complex tubular geometries
- Parameter studies to cover a wider range of a structural detail
Our designs follow current state of the art guidelines and standards, such as:
- IIW Recommendations
- Eurocode 3
- DNV Guidelines,
- Other Wind and Oil&Gas Standards
For difficult tasks, further advanced methods like fracture mechanics are applied.